Goethe University Frankfurt
Invited Talks and Fora Participation
• (Jul/2019): Obtaining Your Doctoral Degree: An “Insider View” - Marketing Department's Information Session, Goethe University Frankfurt.
• (May/2019): Die „Ins and Outs“ einer Karriere in der Wissenschaft - Key Note at the Dean's List Event, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Goethe University Frankfurt.
• (Jan/2019): Why a Ph.D. in Marketing? - Information Session of the Graduate School of Finance, Economics and Management (GSEFM).
• (Jun/2019): Machine Learning: Praxis- und forschungsorientierte Anwendungen - Interdisciplinary Forum Methodenzentrum 2019 Data Science, Goethe University Frankfurt.
Hiring and Tenure Committees
• 2018 and 2019: Department of Marketing and Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Goethe University Frankfurt.
• 2018 to 2019: Volunteer at the Academic Welcome Program (AWP) for highly qualified refugees as an AWP-Friend.
National and Local Community
Talks and Workshops
• (Dec/2019): Towards Algorithmic Transparency: Shedding Light on the Black Box - Presentation to an audience of data scientists and practitioners at the ITCS Summit in Frankfurt.
• (Nov/2019): Eine Reise zu den Sternen ("A Journey to the Stars") - Presentation to a general, non-expert audience (300+) at the Science Slam in Mainz.
• (Dec/2018): The Value of Organic Search Visibility - Spot on Marketing-Science, Marketing Club Frankfurt.
• (Feb/2018): Text Mining with R - Workshop for academics and practitioners at the E-Finance Lab Spring Conference (Data Science in Financial Services) 2018.
• (Feb/2018): Leveraging Multiple Data Sources to Measure a Firm's Risk in Organic Search- Presentation for academics and practitioners at the E-Finance Lab Spring Conference (Data Science in Financial Services) 2018.
• (Dec/2017): Tod durch Unsichtbarkeit ("Death by Invisibility") - Presentation to a general, non-expert audience (500+) at the Science Slam for Female Researchers in Frankfurt.
Science Slams allow for direct communication with the public and encourage researchers to present their projects in an appealing and understandable way. More details at www.scienceslam.de/english.html .
Membership in Social and Professional Groups
• Frankfurt Data Science - Member, Frankfurt
• AI in Financial Services - Member, Frankfurt
• InteGREATer e.V. - Volunteer, Frankfurt
Volunteer speaker for children and young adults with a migration background. The motivational talks and round table discussions focus on overcoming challenges and pursuing their life goals. In partnership with women support organizations, I engage with groups of girls and young women to discuss future educational and career perspectives.
Responsible for approaching school directors, school teachers and social organizations to offer and schedule the volunteer talks. Responsible for the email and data management for the Frankfurt group. More details at www.integreater.de .
• Amigos da Escola (English: "Friends of the School") - Former volunteer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Volunteer English teacher for mid-school children.
• Lar de Frei Luiz - Former volunteer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Volunteer in the flower shop. All funds raised were destined to social projects in the community.